Innovate to Opportunity (ITO)
• Innovate to Opportunity (ITO) is helping well-educated graduates start their careers in Nova Scotia while helping businesses become more innovative and export-oriented.
• The program provides an incentive to hire recent masters and PhD grads for jobs that are focused on research and innovation that will help businesses begin, prepare for or expand exports.
• This program is available to small and medium-sized businesses with up to 500 full-time employees operating in Nova Scotia.
To be eligible for the program, employers must create a new full-time position that:
○ is based in Nova Scotia
○ is focused on innovation
○ pays at least $60,000 a year
• All organizations that apply for (ITO) must first register as a LaMPSS organization (Labour Market Programs Support System). This is a one-time registration process that allows you to create an account and apply for the (ITO) program through the LaMPSS online platform.