Quality Control Co-ordinator/ Laboratory Technician
Website North Nova Seafoods
North Nova Seafoods processes fresh caught seafood, year-round, at its facility in Pictou County, NS. The
plant specializes in Lobster, Snow Crab, Rock Crab, and Jonah Crab.
North Nova is currently seeking a Quality Control Co-ordinator and/or a Laboratory Technician for a
permanent full-time position within our facility in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. Depending on the
candidate’s qualifications we are open to full or part time positions.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have knowledge of food processing
and be able to work independently as well work directly with floor supervisors, line workers, and
The candidate must be able to work very flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends;
as our facility draws its inventory from local fisheries, which land product at varying times of day
depending on the season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Daily inspections of seafood production to ensure quality standards are met and best practices are carried out
● Management of the company’s HACCP plan and monitoring of critical control points
● Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues
● Review and update existing Standard Operating Procedures and company policies
● Collecting product samples for onsite and offsite testing
● Onsite testing of final product for indicators and pathogens
● Ensure the quality and consistency of output by assessing product throughout the entire
● Working directly with CFIA during onsite inspections and keeping up to date on all requirements
● Background in Food Science / Food Safety / Quality Control
● Secondary school diploma from a recognized institution or an acceptable combination of
education, training, and experience in a laboratory environment.
● Knowledge of Canada Food Act and Regulations
● Experience in Food Production; Seafood would be an asset
● Experience with HACCP
● Experience dealing directly with CFIA
● Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ability to learn new software
To Apply: email – Stacey@nnseafoods.ca