- Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS) offers a free 12-week English-learning program for immigrant employees to help them with on-the-job language skills(two 90-minute sessions per week).
- Delivered by a qualified EAL instructor and encompasses speaking, listening, writing, reading and Canadian workplace culture.
- Training can be completed in person or by distance.
- Skills Match provides a FREE online resource for accessing skilled immigrant professionals.
- Is a recruitment resource for companies that features pre-screened, internationally educated professionals who have already worked with an employment specialist and are ready to work in Canada.
- It offers a job posting component where employers can post jobs and view immigrant talent at a time convenient to them.
Professional Practice Program
- The Professional Practice Program connects employers across Nova Scotia with skilled immigrant professionals.
The program is:
- Flexible: Up to six weeks part or full-time depending on need.
- Low Risk: All participants insured against injury at workplace.
- Targeted: Individual skills matched with employer needs.
- Career Focused: Participants are professionals with related education and skills.
- No Strings Attached: No obligation to hire or pay – can be terminated by either party at any time.
Workplace Culture Program
- Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS) hosts a variety of workshops for improving workplace culture. The sessions can be completed onsite or live streamed online.
- The Workplace Culture Program helps Nova Scotian employers better understand the benefits of hiring international talent, understand the importance of immigrant experience in the workplace and learn methods to improve intercultural competence and retain immigrant employees.
- Nova Scotia Works offers a FREE online guidance tool for creating a welcoming workplace.
- Provides downloadable guides and templates to assist companies in keeping and managing valued employees in a diverse workforce.