• The Business Development Program assists with businesses starting up, expansion or modernization by providing access to capital in the form of interest-free repayable assistance.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia has a range of programs, rebates and incentives that will help your plant or business run more efficiently.
- Employers must fill out a very short online contact form.
- A Business Development Manager who specializes in the Manufacturing industry will be in touch with you to discuss which services and programs are best for your business.
Manufacturing Productivity Program
- The Manufacturing Productivity Program is an initiative being offered to (32) Nova Scotia qualifying companies looking to improve business performance through Lean productivity improvements.
- The government has invested in the manufacturing sector and will help cover the costs of training with this program.
- The program is designed to deploy dedicated Lean facilitators to deliver hands-on Lean training to all levels of employees within an organization. Participating companies are grouped into Lean leveraged learning networks according to geographic proximity.
Building Your Small Business
- NSCC and Acadia Entrepreneurship Centre are collaborating to offer a new and innovative program for entrepreneurs in the Annapolis Valley, Southwest Nova and South Shore regions of Nova Scotia.
- The Building Your Small Business Program has a flexible format using a tailored approach to support the individual goals of entrepreneurs.
- Delivered through a combination of in-person meetings and online interactions.
Atlantic Innovation Fund
- The Atlantic Innovation Fund assists in developing and bringing to market new products and services that meet market demands and global quality standards.
- Adapts new technology to meet business needs or respond to market opportunities.
- Supports Atlantic Canada’s new and traditional sectors pursue opportunities, solve challenges, stay competitive and grow.
Atlantic Fisheries Fund
The Atlantic Fisheries Fund supports:
- Innovation to encourage new products and technologies.
- Infrastructure to encourage capital investments in new products, processes or technologies.
- Science partnerships between industry, academia and other research institutions to improve our knowledge.
To be eligible for funding, you must:
- Reside in a participating province.
- Be active in or support activities related to the fish and seafood harvesting, processing or aquaculture sectors.
- Demonstrate maximum economic benefits accruing to the Atlantic Region.